Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nearing the 13 mile mark..

Tonight is our first 10 mile long run.  It will be the furthest that we have gone.  We'll be jogging to our aunt's house (exactly 5 mile) and stopping for water before heading back. 

We are slowly approaching our 13 mile mark.  After our runs, we like to look at the Fort 4 Fitness mini-marathon trail map to see how far we had gone had it been the race.  My training partner and I would love to get up to Fort Wayne and run Foster Park, just to get a feel for the terrain.  The only thing is, it's summer and weekends are busy!  Hopefully we can work that in sometime.

After a long weekend with some relaxation, hopefully our run will feel good on the ol' legs and everything will go smoothly.  I'll be taking 2 water bottles in my "fuel fanny" with bloks, taking some gum this time, Kleenex, a towel since I sweat like a hog, and I think I'm going to wear my leg compression thingy just in case. 

Seriously, I know this sounds ridiculous right now considering how long we've been training (10 weeks), but my goal is to make a 13 minute mile at some point.  I'm not shooting to do that well at the actual mini...just some time in our training, I'd like to see us do a 13 minute mile.  We've been pretty consistent with a 15-17 minute mile.  Some day we'll get there...  :D

2 comments:

  1. 10 miles is a HUGE accomplishment - my 10 miler last week was a disaster and, if you read my blog, you know it ended up with me rolling in the grass!!! Hope yours is far better than that.
    13 m/m is faster than my 5K PR - I have the same goal. Great job on your training. Keep plugging away you'll get there. SSSSOOOOOOOOO proud of you and your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double digits, woohoo! Have fun

    ReplyDelete