Thursday, July 28, 2011

3 miles in sweat

 Even at 5:30AM, the humidity was unbearable.  We decided to walk the last mile.  When I got home, I looked in the mirror and I had sweat half way down my shirt...we're talking soaked from the shoulders down to the lower chest area.  Yuck!  Still not very many runners out this morning...fine with us!  We took it a little slower today, but it felt nice.  We have to do 12 miles sometime this week and we can't seem to agree on a day or time. 

As I have mentioned before, I am NOT a morning person.  Getting up 2 or more hours earlier than necessary usual wears me out faster.  By 10AM, I'm drifting off at my desk.  Why is it that my energy level plummets after a morning run?  I enjoy having the afternoons available and our daily run out of the way...plus it's about 15* cooler in the morning!  The other day I was soooo tired, I was about to hit the vending machine to buy a 5 hour energy drink.  I personally hate that jittery feeling that caffeine gives me, but I was desperate.  I headed to the coffee pot instead.  When I told someone that I was thinking of buying one of the drinks, they told me how there isn't any caffeine in it.  So I'm wondering, is it just like fuel BLOKS? or GU?  Is it just a boost of protein, carbs, and so on? 

I'm curious if there is anyone else out there like me that can't handle the morning runs....sounds bad...lol...let's re-phrase...morning WORKOUTS?  What do you do to get yourself to wake up when  you hit that wall in the middle of the day??!?

2 comments:

  1. I am totally with you and hating morning runs and getting totally wiped out by the middle of the afternoon (talk about sleeping well that night, though). I usually drink a lot more water, maybe grab a diet soda, and get up and walk around on those afternoons that follow a morning run. You're doing SO great -hang in there!!! 8 more weeks!!! Woot woot! LOVE your "about me" photo - SO CUTe! Wish you were doing Swiss Days - boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way I was able to start getting up early to run and keep doing it was making my bedtime very early. It was really, really hard the first few weeks until my body adjusted to my new sleep cycle. I had to go to bed well before I wanted to be asleep too.

    All that being said, some people just aren't morning exercisers. That's kind of rough this time of year, though. I wish I had advice, but I've always leaned towards being a morning person with enough sleep.

    ReplyDelete