Tuesday, July 5, 2011

10 miles...or NOT

Our 10 miles didn't happen.  We set out and the sun/humidity was crazy.  I might have had a little too much fun the night before for the 4th of July, so that didn't help any.  Nature called BIG TIME after only 3 miles...that has NEVER happened to me.  I was convinced that I was on my way to getting sick from the heat.  I cheated and called my hubby to come pick me up.  My training partner stuck it out and turned around and walked back home.

We've talked about trying again later this week in cooler weather.  My head is hung, and I'm feeling sheepish for coping out.  :(

2 comments:

  1. Happens to all of us - nothing to hang your head about!!! You saw "C" and I walking CUZ we gave up our intervals with 2 miles left - we walked the remaining 2 miles because of the heat - no shame. There's still SOOOO much time left before the race that you can easily make it up. I've had LOTS of craptistic runs . . . todays', last weeks, and about 1000 others. You can do this. Keep middle distances (4, 5, 6) for the rest of this week and knock out a 10 next week. It was unbearable today!!!! It was GREAT to see you out there. Kudos to your training partner for gutting it out! Wow!

    ReplyDelete