Monday, July 18, 2011

WOW....I am WAY behind on blogging!

(Part 2 of ?)

4-H Fun Run/Walk

This race took place this last Saturday.  T and I had a much better start on this one.  We wrote out a set of "Rules" to follow as a means of communication as to what we were out to achieve and standards to follow through out the race.

We ate breakfast, got ready, and then walked to the park where the race started.  We were getting ready to register when we saw some people we knew.  3 of our cousins that have been following our story woke up that morning and just decided that they were going to come out and run the 5K with us!!!  Umm...yeah...great for them...but are you NUTS?!  I have to mentally prepare for races...but they are all skinny and more capable...so I guess it's not as big of a deal to them.  We also had several family members show up to cheer us on and some others were volunteering.  It was awesome to have so much support.

The course was different than what the registration had said.  That was a little frustrating, but I'm gathering that it's not all that uncommon for races.  We started off running a couple minutes "out of the gate" to stay with the pack.  Since this race was in our home town, we knew the roads and distances....huge help!!!  We did a 1:20/2:45 jog/walk interval.  I was dead by mile 2.  I couldn't breath and my legs were killing me.  Mile 3 was torcher.  I was pushing myself to the limit.  We pushed through and finished with a time of 43:33.2.  This was our first official 3.1 5K.  Our first race was more than a 5K and our second race was under.  This one was the true distance.

We had fun on this one....I just hope that it gets easier with each race.

2 comments:

  1. Great job making a plan and sticking to it!!!! Totally got to have a photo of your matching camo - A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! It's always nice to have a plan!

    ReplyDelete