Thursday, July 7, 2011

Morning runs....SOOOO much better!!!

Okay, okay, so I unintentionally lied on yesterdays blog.  We did 3 miles last night, not 5.5.  We met up at 5:30AM to do 5.5 miles this morning.  Have I ever mentioned that I'm NOT a morning person?  It was by far cooler doing it in the morning though.  My leg/ankle muscles/bones were KILLING ME!!!! 
Not actually me, it's how I am imagined myself when the pain hit.

  I was near tears at one point.  We stopped three times; twice to stretch the pain out of our legs, and once to die catch our breath.  On the last stop, I ate some Bloks to keep me going...it really helped.  After the 3rd mile or so, the legs felt better.  We didn't walk through a single interval!  Whoop whoop!  Our time was somewhere around 1 hour and 27 minutes....which gives us an average of 15.8 min. miles!  We are getting better!!!  Crazy, cause just 2 days ago I was 'complaining blogging about how I needed to improve my time and was frustrated at how difficult it was to do so.

Needless to say, we got the miles in.  We have 4.5 more miles to do tonight to complete our 10 miles.  Tomorrow we will be resting since we will be running in the RUNNERS ON PARADE 5K Saturday.  Soooo excited!!!  This will be T and I's first 5K on pavement.....FREAKIN' AWESOME!! 

The good:  we finished, it was cooler, different coarse, faster pace, I was able to keep up with my partner!
The bad:  we were passed by speed walkers, my legs hurt somethin' fierce, and I have absolutely no desire
                 to do more tonight. lol

So here's a question for all of you out in blogging land....
What do you like to eat the morning before a race??

2 comments:

  1. I am a BIG fan of a bagel with peanut butter. I don't drink coffee, but I usually have a half of a can of diet mt. dew (which is what I drink daily- oh so good!). I also drink a full bottle of water (16 oz) with my breakfast and drink 8 oz before the race. I've also had bagel thins, english muffins, and even a pb sandwich. Any word. "C" eats oatmeal. She also sometimes drinmks Carnation Instant Breakfast in the bottle.
    So exciting for you - ROP is a fun and unique race. It's huge and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually eat a Clif Bar and a banana on race morning.

    ReplyDelete