Tuesday, September 27, 2011

We're Half Marathoners!!!!!!!!! (Part 2 of 3)

Holy crap!!  The big day is here! 
Finally, after 22 weeks of training (in the hottest summer in years I might add), it's finally time for Tia and I to shine!
I was up and at'em at 5AM.  I had everything layed out, so I decided to make sure I ate breakfast first.  I had 2 bagels and 1/2 a banana.  I quickly got ready and out the door.  My husband surprised me by taking the day off of work (which isn't allowed during the busy season..but his boss is a runner, so he was understanding).  Awesome surprise!  We were at Tia's a little after 6AM and on our way.  When Tia jumped in the car, I realized that she wasn't ready!  I guess we hadn't really talked about our coordinating outfits enough...so we got her ready on the way there.
Here is PINK PANTHER!!!
Her nails read "FIRST (heart) HALF".
I picked out a motivational quote for Tia, and she picked one out for me.  We color coordinated as well. We didn't have our markers with us Friday night, so we had to do them in the car on our way up...LOVELY hand writing ;)  Hers reads "The miracle isn't that you will finish.  The miracle is that you had the courage to START!"
And here I am...BLUE TIGRIS!!!
I did these fabulous nails all by myself!  :)
I wore my tiger socks that were turned into sleeves, so my quote had to go on my hand.  It reads "You don't have to be great to start...you just have to start to be GREAT!"
 
Here we are...bright and early...setting out to do something great!!!
 
Did I mention that it was 46* out that morning?!?!  Yeah...cold!
 My husband dropped us off on the side of the road and we walked up to the stadium while he parked the car.  As we were heading up there, we saw the opening to the stadium...where we'd be running through in less than 5 hours!  It was all very cool to see this early in the morning!

In the stadium, waiting for my husband to find us. 
All set up and ready for the show! 
Just looking at the finish line gave me chills!

We waited around in side of the stadium for a little while.  We saw some of the girls from the night before and wished them all luck.  We used the restroom before heading out to the corrals to look for some of the ladies we had met the night before that were doing the 4 mile.
Our 4 Milers!

To be continued..... 

1 comment:

  1. So nice!!!! It is awe inspiring no doubt. You made a memory that will last a life time. In a year from now you will be able to recall every detail perfectly. It definitely is life changing. You'll never be the same!!! You are and forever will be half marathoners!!!! Congrats on such an epic accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete