Tuesday, September 27, 2011

We're Half Marathoners!!!!!! (Part 1 of 3)

Friday, the day before the BIG race!!!  A group of us girls car pooled up to Fort Wayne for packet pick-up and the health expo.  Our car full was extremely fun...to say the least!  All of our sides were hurting from all of the laughter by the time that we arrived.
By now, I am DEFINITELY nervous...it's officially here!
We're sooo excited!  This is what we've been training for!!

The expo. was a little disappointing to me, I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting.  We all walked around together visiting stations and such.  We checked in and picked up our packets....

This event was VERY well organized...I was very impressed and relieved.
Here is where we'll be entering the baseball field and heading toward the finish line!
We'd be crossing this FINISH in less than 24 hours!
Wells L was our tour guide and gave us all sorts of tips and advice to prep. us for the big race.
Here's our posy!  It was sooo much fun getting to know these girls.  :)
Well, we're all starving now, so it's time to say good night to Parkview Field and head to...
Yummy, yummy food!
 I think the girls are reviewing the coarse map here...always a good thing to do before a race!

Not the best quality picture...(taken on my phone)but here's Emilee and Kristen! 
Two awesome girls.
 
And here's our entire table.
 Wells L is getting her motivational quotes written on her arm by her partner "C".

By the end of the night, I was pooped.  But, I still had to paint my nails and pin my bib on my shirt for the next morning.  I think I got to bed some time around 11 or 12.  It took me a little while to fall asleep, but once I got there, I was out.

 This concludes Friday...pre-race day.

1 comment:

  1. Great recap - I was so "out" that when I woke up in the morning there was literally an entire minute that I actually thought "now what race am I doing today?" - 100% NOT KIDDING!!!
    Friday night was FUN wasn't it!!! Put it on your schedule for next year - good times. I'm glad you found the outing fun and worth your time.
    FYI - this race didn't have an "expo" - it has a health fair so you're exactly right - it's not like you were expecting. No other big race has this kind of thing - it's definitely the event "low light".
    Can't wait to read the other parts.

    ReplyDelete