Wednesday, September 14, 2011

To Grandmother's House We GO!!

The official count down to our half marathon has begun!  10 more days!!!  Holy crapola!
Well, at least that means that we have also reached our tapering weeks.  Our longest run for the week is a mear 6 miles.  But to begin our week of tapering, we had a short 4 miles to go last night.  My sister, K, joined us for the first time! 
He we are, getting ready to start off.
My sister K is obviously a camera shy person. 
I can add this photo since she doesn't read my blog :p
I got another pic of K, she obviously wasn't paying attention.  :)

My sister has only recently joined the running world, so we took it easy.  She was also having shin splint pain, so we walked through several intervals.  Our half way mark was our Grandmother's house....a mear 2 miles away from the starting point...and look what happened to little A!!


Down for the count for the very first time during a run!!  Soooo precious!

Not a lot of sweat on this run.

Of course we had to stop and chit chat with our Grandmother since she was gracious enough to act as our pit stop and watering station.  :)  The run home was a little faster.  K took the stroller for a while and T and I took off running during our intervals.  We talked about our big upcoming race a little, but mostly, it was just a relaxed and run walk. 
Tonight is cross training, and I plan to work on my inner and outer thighs using an exercise band.  Not sure if there is a fancy name for it, but it's pictured below. 
 

Thursday is our long run for the week, so we'll see how it feels after working those fatty areas!!!

What's your favorite piece of exercise equipment?

3 comments:

  1. Big fan of a pool - does that count as exercise equipment? If not, then I guess my running shoes are my fav exercise equipment.

    GREAT post! Love that your sis joined you and A fell asleep.

    Tapering is awesome - don't over do anything - just rest and relax and enjoy how awesome you're feeling during it. That awesome feeling is what's going to get you ready to rock the start line.

    Can't wait till out outing next Friday - I think there will be 12 of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with "L" on this one - I don't think I could pick between the pool and my running shoes! Sadly I haven't been in the pool in probably a month!

    Can't wait for F4F, I am thoroughly enjoying taper!

    I hope you guys enjoy your outing on Friday and hopefully I will see you and "L" before the half starts on Saturday! If not, GOOD LUCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun was it to run with you girls today!!!!! It's too bad that we couldn't have gotten more runs in this summer together. We'll definitely take you on the TR5 to practice for the WOOF.

    Wanted to tell you that if you look at my page 446 of my blog - you'll see a food photo friday that is totally stolen from you ;)

    I'm sorry for your loss and will be thinking of you!!!! Hang in there! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete