Thursday, September 22, 2011

HOLY CRAP....IT'S HERE!!!!

It's finally here...the day that we've been training for.

I never would have guessed at how BUSY I'd be the week before the big race.  My days are packed!  Even the days after the race are booked full.  I have already pre-warned people that I might not be very mobile or fun after the race...but life has to go on.

I've been experiencing ankle pain for the past week or two.  We've been tapering, so it's not due to running or the new shoes..  I've been icing them....holy pooo!!!  Sink your feet into an ice cold bath and tell me it doesn't hurt.  I couldn't stand it.  I think 5 minutes was the most I was able to hold it in there.

I got flowers at work the other day from my sister with a card that said "Good luck Saturday Sis!  All your hard work is about to pay off.  I'm proud of you! Love, Sis".  Ummm...how can I lose with awesome supporters like her?!  I'm blessed.

So I don't really have a "sneak peak" at our outfits...but here's what I'm calling us...PINK PANTHER and BLUE TIGRIS.  Oh yeah baby...we're gonna look HOT! More to follow soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I am so excited for your first half. Good luck on Saturday and have fun!

    P.S. If you can get some compression socks, you will have a much better time recovering. I swear by them for any run over 10 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK!! Maybe I will see you guys there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't aware that your ankle pain was going on for 1-2 weeks. THAT'S quite a different story. I thought you said a couple of days. I highly recommend that you go to the doctor - maybe the PM clinic - get an all clear. I doubt it's a stress fracture, but it's probably best to get that ruled out so you can run with confidence.

    I agree with Kimberly - compression socks or sleeves are DA BOMB!!!!!!! They will really help you to recover quickly. They're $40 and you can get them online - maybe quick order them from zensah.com or amazon.com and get them quick shipped OR you can get the at 3RRCo. They might be sold at expo tomorrow as well. Worth EVERY penny!

    SOooo excited for you and Tia! You've worked sooo hard!!! It's been MMMMMMOOOOOONNNNNNTTTTTTTHHHHHHSSSSSSS .. . and it will all be over in under 4 hours! Wow! So exciting. Take time to enjoy every aspect.

    See you girls tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete