Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ummmm...really?!

Wrote this post Friday and I'm just now posting....oops.


Soooo disappointed!  I went home after dinner with some awesome gals (more on that to follow) to lay out my outfit for the Parlor City Trot 10 mile I have tomorrow.  I have new knee high socks that I have not tried before...so now was a good time to start trying if I'm thinking of wearing some for F4F 1/2 marathon.  No one told me that big girls not only have to endure finding special shops for their specials sizes, funny looks when you buy the running clothing/apparel, no we also have to buy special SOCKS?!  I tried the socks on and my fabulous calves had them puppies stretched to the max....NICE.  :( 


I was disappointed that they didn't look like I wanted them to, so I started thinking of other options.  I could turn them into arm warmers....?


What would you do?  Wear them anyway?  Try to turn them into something else?  Accept the loss and throw them in the donation bin?

1 comment:

  1. Depends on how much they cost I guess and how you feel about them. I'm sorry they didn't fit -that's frustrating! Hope you can find something good to do with them.

    As an FYI - you can check out Runner's Luck (address on my sidebar) and look at her blog's photo header. One of the photos shows her with black arm sleeves wearing a running dress - those are repurposed black knee socks (smile!)

    ReplyDelete