Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rugged Maniac 5K!

I'm not sure if you'd call this a "guest post" but this one is all about my partner T.


T did the Rugged Maniac 5K in Louisville Kentucky last Saturday.
Rugged Maniac 5K Adventure Race Northeast
A Rugged Races Event
 
In case you don't know about this type of race, here's the description given by the website:
 
"Designed with the assistance of Navy SEALs*, Rugged Maniac is a running event that combines the most rugged terrain and burly obstacles to allow those with a sense of adventure to define themselves, then bask in glory at an after party with live music, food and beer."
"Each Rugged Maniac features at least fifteen obstacles constructed by an experienced crew of licensed contractors. These aren’t the pop-up kiddie obstacles you’ll see at other races. You’ll climb over walls up to 7’ high, crawl through mud under barbed wire, hop from stump to stump over a pit of water, slide down a 60’ water slide, navigate a web of pipes, jump over fire and face many other challenges all while running through a combination of forests, fields, motocross tracks and ski slopes.
Unlike other races, we won’t run you around a glorified golf course and proclaim it rugged. We won’t make you wait in ridiculous lines mid-course and pretend you’ve been challenged. We won’t tack on additional parking fees to the cost of registration. Instead, we offer a truly challenging and well-organized course that beats all others."

Wow....after reading that, I can't believe she still went through with it!  At first, I thought it sounded like fun, and then she told me all about it after words....I think I changed my mind!! lol


BEFORE
Brad (T's friend) T, and her daughter A.  Sooo cute!
Waves of runners leave every 30 minutes, this was T's "wave". 
Getting ready to start.
And they're off!

These were the obstacles involved: 
1 down hill, up hill
2 rope climb a wall
3 climb rope ladder
4 wet slide
5 muddy water pool




 
6 climb up and over 4 wooden walls [this was my least favorite!!]
 7 carry log up rock stairs
8 walk through river
9 crawl through barrel
10 get through rope web
11 crawl through tractor tire
12 crawl through mud under barbwire
13 jump over fire pit!
I think this is most all of them, in between all of these were more and more HILLS!!!

Good
I completed!
time 1:13:56
Finished 455/498 females in the race!
I didn't skip any obstacles!!
Awesome Swag!
Got a Beer at the end.
BAD:
Was totally not prepared for the soreness that came from using muscles I forgot I had. I am from flat Land.
The only other Bad was one of the obsticles, a huge wall you had to get over. If I wouldnt have had two Awesome guys with me, I would have had to skip the walls.
I was reading afterwards about another Muddy Race, and it said that you get a medal for finishing. I kind of wish I had got a medal. But I can say I did it and completed it. So that is good enough bragging rights for me!!

&UGLY:: Hills, Hills and more HILLS /~'^\-/^'\



But when it's all said and done.....


There's a smile on her face!!!


So proud of my partner!  She's a RUGGED MANIAC!!!!

1 comment:

  1. WAY to go girl!!!! Wowowowoowowowowoowowowowowoowowowowowowowowowo!
    Super Amazing Job T!!!! You're just plain awesome! Unbelievably brave and strong!!!! Wow you did such a great job!!!! I wish I could have been more available to celebrate your huge accomplishment - I'm sorry that I wasn't!!!!

    Fan-flippin'-tastic girl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete