Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8, 2011

So yesterday T and I completed our 7 miles, and I think it's fair to say that it nearly killed us.  It wasn't the work out (did 1:2) or the distance, it was the muggy heat!  We did 3 miles first thing in the morning.  Despite the early hour, we had both sweat enough to need an shower.  We walked a mile at lunch, so glad I had a different shirt to walk in!!  And then we wrapped the day up with a slow 1:3 pace at the end of the day.  We were pooped by the end and switched from jogging our minute to speed walking. 

On our travels, we have seen many skinny ladies or gentlemen that are full out jogging/running and without any kind of water!  My goodness, just to watch them made ME thirsty and tired! 

This morning T and I did a 2 mile recovery.  The heat index is on the rise this week, so morning walks and jogs are probably going to become our new routine.  P.S.  Just as a side note....I am NOT a morning person!  We both over slept this morning, which is why our 3 miles turned into 2. 

Tomorrow we are doing cross training, and we have decided to go for a bike ride together.  I even talked my husband into joining us!  I'm not sure how far we will go, but it will be a nice, easy bike ride....I hope. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you - I'm NOT a morning person!!!! I'm an evening runner for sure but you're getting into a great habit by doing it in the morning. Come July & August you'll be thankful for your early morning runs!

    ReplyDelete