Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10, 2011 Bike Ride

So yesterday T, her little girl, my husband and myself went for a small bike ride.  It was our day for cross-training, so it was AWESOME to fly by all of the joggers and walkers for once.  :) 

As I was riding behind T, I realized something....just how incredibly difficult it must be to have a nearly 4 year old child lean over the side to see the on coming cyclists.  That shift in weight would throw me!  But T just kept peddling her heart out.  :)


We decided to go down the river green way, (Saw L and her group of gals from Spring Into Training) and headed down the bike path to the park entrance.  The speed was awesome and the scenery was beautiful....until we REALLY got into the woods.  Oh for the love of Pete!!!  The bugs had swarmed my head like a swarm of peeved bees!!!  When I stopped to turn around and head back, I was attacked! 
My husband said that he'd never seen me peddle so fast!  lol 

So later that night, being the typical girl that I am, (since he was behind me) I asked my husband what my butt looked like on a bike.  (you know you've wondered too)  He said he didn't know, he was watch how fast the sweat was accumulating on my shirt!!! lol  NICE!!!
 

Tonight T and I are to do 3 more miles to wrap up the week.  I got some new insoles for my kickers, so I'm ready to hit the road!  This means that we are about to enter week 8 of 22 of training!  So proud of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment