Thursday, May 3, 2012

Yesterday's run with the S.I.T. group went well.  We did the same pace as Saturday's race.  Our ankles were feeling the slope of the river greenway trails. By the end of the run, we definitely felt like we could have gone further.  But our couch wouldn't have that.  So next time, we'll just bump up the speed to 1:15/1:30 intervals and go the same distance. 


You may have seen or heard something about a bunch of trees getting cut down by the Panhandle Pipeline....yeah...that's my neighborhood.  So needless to say, things have been changing and active around our "neck of the woods".  So my husband and I went for a bike ride.  By the end of the evening, I was a sweaty mess and was totally ready for a little R n' R. 


I'd really like to find a jogging stroller this weekend at the city wide garage sale.  I have a little boy that I babysit for twice a week and his daycare isn't far away.  I thought jogging to and from would be a good way to get some miles in.  We'll see.

I got registered for the Fort4Fitness.  It is official, I'm not doing the half marathon...I'll be running the 10K with several others.  I'll be doing it for a PR...which will push me in training.  I've been warned about the Parlor City Trot 1/2, so I'm looking for a 1/2 that is local and on good terrain.  Suggestions?!

2 comments:

  1. What month do you want to do a 1/2? Columbus in Oct is an AMAZING race and relatively cheap. The women's half on Labor Day weekend is suppose to be lovely. There is a Smallest Winner half in July in FW - hilly and HOT, but I know several folks doing it. I'm doing Chicago RnR - GREAT RACE in July. St. Louis RNR is 10/21 or the Detroit Half is on 10/21 - there are several options for that race including a US only or an international race.


    As far as your coach . . . she knows a little sumptin' so . . . :)

    10K's are a different race - can't wait to hear how you like that distance.

    Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know my coach is right...she's taught me everything that I know ;).

    I'll let ya know if I decide to do a 1/2.

    See ya in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete