Friday, May 18, 2012

The 10K approaches!!!!!!

(Cue music) Dum Dum Dumm!!! 

TOMORROW...I'll be running/crawling/walking the Frontier 10K.  My first 10K EVER.  Yikes.  I have butterflies just thinking about it.  SERIOUS butterflies.

Wednesday night our SIT group did some drills and then ran a little less than a mile and a 1/4 (according to walkjogrun.net).  I went home after that and decided to run back to the hospital (been visiting a family member ever day).  So I ran about another mile and a 1/2. 

Got my hair chopped off!  Can't tell that well in this pic, but I'm missing about 8-10 inches.
 Awesome for summer running!

Yesterday, I could feel the effects of the drills in my legs and abs.  Always nice to feel the results of a good workout!  Today, I.AM.SOAR.  I'm doing stretches whenever I can.  Just hope that this doesn't carry over to tomorrow. 

I've layed out my outfit (the absolute cutest one yet!!!) and all my stuff.  I still can't find my pulse watch and it is ticking me off!  Oh well.  I don't know anyone that is doing tomorrow's race, so that has me even more nervous.  It'll be my first race listening to tunes.  I've always had a partner...except my last race I jumped out of the car and took off running without my music.  So this race will be different for me in many ways. 

Doesn't anyone else out there get so nervous about race that you actually feel your stomach turning?!

Isn't this silly?  I did a half marathon for Pete sake!  But...that was 8 months ago...and I trained hard and long for it.  This one...not so much.    :(

I'm having a vision....it's of my future!
Oh dear....

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure by now you are done and did great. Your vision looks a little like my reality on Wednesday - thanks for the flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this - thought of you:
    http://askcoachjenny.runnersworld.com/2012/05/three-ways-to-calm-race-day-nerves.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girlie -
    I tagged you on my blog - feel no pressure to join in the party.
    http://mystorychapter2.blogspot.com/2012/05/chapter-2-page-577-tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete