Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The hurdles of life..

Still fighting a sinus infection.  I skipped the RUN WITH THE KNIGHTS 5K Saturday to rest.  Yesterday I went for a walk.  I did a little over 2 miles.  Not a great distance, but I was picking up a friends child from daycare.  So pushing a stroller and having lungs full of crud made it quite challenging. 
I have my S.I.T. group tomorrow, and we'll be out running this time.  I'm excited for it, but I'll be taking it easy.  I have my first 10K this weekend, and I am in no way prepared for it.  But I know I can go that distance, it just won't be a great time.  Which is okay with me, because my Fort4Fitness time will look all that much better compared to this weekends!  lol  That's my look on it.  My philosophy is that you do what you can do.  The point is that you are out there doing it!  You're not always going to get a PR, so those are the races that you just chalk up to experience and practice that lead to those awesome PR's when you do get them.  Last year was NOT about PR's for me, it was all training for a 1/2 marathon...something that I had on my bucket list and I DID IT!!!  This year, I'm getting out there for my health.  PR's are always a good motivational tool to drive yourself...but are not necessary for me this year.  One day, I'll be fit and fast...running races just for fun and PR's.  :)  One day...

3 comments:

  1. Your first 10K is going to be your PR - not matter what!!! That's always awesome!!!

    You must feel better. 6.2 miles is a distance to go when you're healthy let alone sick. HYDRATE - it's going to be a hot one this weekend!!!!

    With training (and good health) you'll ROCK your F4F 10K!!!

    You're on your way - keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am running a 10k this weekend too, and I haven't run more than 3 miles in several weeks. Dealing with injuries (and sickness) is never fun. This will only be my second 10k so I'm really not sure how I will do with the distance!

    P.S. Good luck and I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wells L: I'm confident I'll be okay. I might have to crawl across the finish line, but I know I can make it. If I don't see you before the race that day, GOOD LUCK!!

    Jenn: I'm in the same boat...3 miles is the furthest I've gone this year. Dig deep and run hard!! We've got this! Good luck, I'll be reading your blog to see how you do!!

    ReplyDelete