Friday, August 26, 2011

13 Mile Route

As stated in my previous blog, my partner T and I will be running our first 13 mile training route on Sunday.  I have mapped out exactly 13 miles in our home town. 
  I created this route using walkjogrun.net.  It's an awesome site.  Can you read the calorie count that we will burn down in the bottom right hand corner?!  1870 calories!!!  Sweet!!!  That's not the pace we'll be going, so it's hard to know for sure just how many calories we will ACTUALLY burn, but to be anywhere near that ball park is pretty impressive!  We'll be sure to carb up that day.  I'm starting to feel excited about it.  We've trained on all of these roads before.  We have potty and water stations planned out and emergency contacts in place should we need some "emergency" water or potty breaks...or get attacked by a random dog. lol  It's happened before.

Here's my biggest problem, and I'd like to see if any one else out there has the same issue.  After a long run or a "fast" run, I'll get back home around 8 or 9 and I will NOT be able to sleep.  I might be extremely exhausted...but my body is still on adrenaline or something and I end up tossing and turning all night.  I seriously hope that that won't be the case Sunday night...or else people will have to steer clear of me at work!!!  I might just carry the coffee pot back to my desk with me Monday morning!!! lol

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your run!!!!! You'll burn pretty pretty close to that amount - woot! YES, I definitely have the inability to sleep if I end my run after 8 p.m. It's true. The later the run ends the less I sleep. Last Tuesday we ended at 9ish and man, I was sooooo exhausted and slept sooooo very little. No real solution to it - but if you find one, PLEASE let me know.
    Can't wait to hear all about your 13 miler!!! Will be thinking of you!!!! Good luck!!!! I vote you practice the interval you are thinking about using for the PCT and F4F as a test drive.
    Looking forward to 9/1 - we can't meet at The Hut though, we need a different location.

    ReplyDelete