Friday, December 9, 2011

I'M BACK!!!!

Almost 11 weeks later...

I'll be honest, before this week, I haven't ran.......not once since the 1/2 marathon.  I was so ready for a break from the commitment of the long runs and hours spent on the road!

Come to find out, I was pregnant when I ran my first 1/2!  Nice.
A month later, we lost it/them.
Tack on another month for grieving, drinking, and binge eating....

And boom!...here I am...ready to get back at the running thing.

My awesome husband has purchased a treadmill for me for Christmas.  It arrived last week and I have to say, it feels great to lace up the ol' tennies again! 

 
 
My body is starting from scratch again, but that's to be expected.  Other parts of my body were like "Oh yea!  I remember this!!!"  I'm not sure how far this will all go...especially with trying to conceive.  But for now, I'm going to run until the doctors tell me to quit.  As of now, the doctors are demanding I run to get some weight off.  Yeah...that made my day.  :o/  It actually really ticked me off. Anyway, I'm looking into some races for 2012 and mapping things out.  I have a training schedule in place and I'm ready to hit the ground running!

No comments:

Post a Comment